November 1, 2009



This year I really wanted to finish my WIP. It's darned good, if I do say so myself, and I wanted to keep the momentum. I'd decided not to do NaNoWriMo.


A few days ago I hit a block revising a key scene. And started thinking about that rough sketch I'd embedded in my 60-page Ancient World synopsis--Queen Vira. Five years ago my critique group virtually threw me out over that synopsis, but they did like Queen Vira. So I searched out the synopsis on my hard drive, found Vira, and copied her into a new file. Boy, did it need work! Two days ago, just for kicks, I set up a Scrivener project and hunted up my Ancient World map--still in AppleWorks, would you believe. I spent a couple of hours with EazyDraw, moving mountains and lakes, changing the course of rivers. It's such fun to play god(dess)!

Well, since I'd put in all that, I spent 6 hours yesterday revising the synopsis. Yeah, it'll fly! It's even a romance. So I signed up for NaNoWriMo. I checked in with the Santa Cruz Forum, downloaded the score sheet from truckpoetry.com, and can't wait to start!

Posted by Christie Maurer at 9:24 AM
Category label(s):
This entry was posted on 9:24 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 Comments: