May 11, 2013



After going to the trouble of establishing a pen name and identity I'll be self-publishing as myself: Christie Maurer. It came about sort of by accident. Last winter I sold a story, "Whitewood Kitarra," to Swords and Saga Press and, since my other stories had been under Christie Maurer, I kept that name. However--"Whitewood Kitarra" is a prequel to The Dark Lady's Stone, so it makes sense to keep the same name on the novel.
Self-publication is slowly coming together. Thanks to cover artist Sheri McGaffy http://sherimcgathy.com/sheri/book-cover-design I have a cover, and I love it. The image of the Dark Lady is one of my own paintings, originally intended to be the last true High Priestess of the goddess of waters. Sheri has done a number of lovely Romance book covers. I am awaiting my edited manuscript, after which I'll make the necessary changes, and...

Posted by Christie Maurer at 9:37 AM
This entry was posted on 9:37 AM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 Comments:

On May 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM , Barbara Cool Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On May 11, 2013 at 3:16 PM , Barbara Cool Lee said...

Congratulations, Elisabeth/Christie! It sounds like you are working very quickly toward the realization of your dream. The cover is really intriguing--you picked a good artist to integrate your work into the book's image. Keep us posted on your progress.

(Reposted, because I couldn't fix a typo in the previous comment!)

~Barb
Barbara Cool Lee
http://www.BarbaraCoolLee.com