July 31, 2009



I've been dying to get a Kindle but couldn't afford it.

I've got several e-books and stories on my Palm Zire 21 (convenient when I have to wait somewhere) but I have to squint at the fuzzy type and it's hard to maintain continuity on the small screen.

My E-Bookwise Reader is heavy and there's an awkward bulge on the side. Further, every time I look for a book I want they don't carry it, either in E-Bookwise or Palm format. When I look at amazon.com, Kindle does--and cheaper.

Last week someone showed me an iPod Touch. It's beautiful! A clear, readable screen. It has the features of an iPhone without the phone--address book, calendar, scheduling (synch with iCal and Address Book), web browsing, iTunes (listen to music)--and you can get free apps for Kindle books, Palm format, Barnes & Noble. And the price is comparable.

I posted queries to BroadUniverse and MacWomen. Have you tried Kindle and Touch? Do you like them? Any caveats? So far, the votes are all for iPod Touch. People who have them love them. Why spend the $$ for a device that only does one thing when you can get one that does lots?

Next month I'll have enough WorldPoints to cash in (like found money) and treat myself to the iPod Touch.

Posted by Christie Maurer at 8:43 AM
Category label(s):
This entry was posted on 8:43 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 Comments:

On August 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM , Unknown said...

Don't do ipod at all. Afraid I'm behind the times. I like to keep things separate. Music comes on CDs, books come in hard-cover and Kindle, newspapers are read on the internet. I read USA Today on the Internet and never would have a Kindle edition delivered because it wouldn't be in color.
The big disadvantage of the Kindle No Color.
I think the Kindle DX is the bomb