July 30, 2009



Just when you think nothing is ever going to change...

Yes, groan, the western proposal (Summer Charade) I submitted to HM&B
was rejected; no surprise there. What was surprising was being
asked by the head editor (not my regular editor) to submit a 1-page
story outline for a NEW western.

To be honest, I am wearing thin. BUT I have a new editor! Even though
she's English, she liked the new western frontier story outline, so now I'm writing
the first 3 chapters/50 pages to submit to her, under a September deadline.

It isn't writing that is so difficult... it's writing what is wanted.

Posted by Lynna Banning at 10:53 AM
Category label(s):
This entry was posted on 10:53 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 Comments:

On July 31, 2009 at 8:40 AM , Christie Maurer said...

Congratulations! You're wanted. After all you've been through I do hope this one flies.

 
On August 2, 2009 at 11:26 AM , Lynna Banning said...

Christie--you are a jewel of a friend. Even if this one doesn't
fly, I am learning that there are worse things in life than rejection. And that there will be a life after rejection, no matter what.

 
On August 24, 2009 at 5:36 PM , Unknown said...

Your books are brilliant. You can't help it if their heads are up their arse.