July 14, 2009



Greeting me when I went to order Kindle books was Templar Knight Forbidden Bride, I purchased it immediately. I have my first Lynna Banning Kindle book.
Looks as if I will be reading lots of historical fiction now.

Having just finished Naomi Noviks Free Kindle book, His Majesty's Dragon, I went out to buy more. Her Dragon Series during the Napoleonic wars has been optioned by Peter Jackson of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It should be smashing since it is action packed. Propriety with the English Naval Captain thrown into a rough and tumble Dragon training camp. Romance is hinted at but mostly it is detailed action which Jackson can translate to the screen.
I have been waiting for Dragonriders of Pern forever but I'll forget them now that I have a whole new set of dragons to like.

BTW it was the first name Naomi and the fact that the book has Dragon in the title that made me order it. PLUS the first book was free. You can tell the author wrote games for computers (Graduate work Columbia) but gave it up for writing (bachelors at Brown in Literature).

It is a bit dicey trying to figure out how to order using a combo of Amazon website and the Kindle itself. Experimentation is a priority. I ordered five books at one time. Lots of flipping back and forth to figure out what was actually going on.

Posted by Anonymous at 10:21 AM
Category label(s):
This entry was posted on 10:21 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 Comments:

On July 17, 2009 at 8:57 AM , Christie Maurer said...

I can't wait to get a Kindle. I've got a whole list of books to buy. Hopefully I'll be able to next month. I'm tired of cluttering up my shelves. Last month I paid someone to unclutter them. She must've taken away 6-8 bagsfull.

Yes, Naomi Novick is terrific! She's a BroadUniverse member. I got her first 3 books as a 3-in-1 from Science Fiction Book Club. When I get Kindle, I'll probably order more.